Proverbs/CATS

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

BRINGING LATIN TO LIFE

Well, it’s our first full day back in Millerton, NY after a six-week sojourn to Nova Scotia, Canada. I am surfing the internet before beginning my day, and, since our well in NS brings in water loaded with iron, I am looking for water conditioning systems. The first result of my search is the following website, and the name of the company is Vitasalus, Inc. As you will see on the homepage, their motto is “We bring wellness to life.” It is early in the morning, but I appreciate the wordplay; vita, vitae f. life and salus, salutis f. health are our two Latin words of the day, but keep in mind that salus could also be translated as “wellness,” and "wellness" taken in its other English meaning is potentially the condition of one’s water well. "Bring to life” can also have a double meaning. Maybe it is too early in the morning…

No comments:

Post a Comment