Proverbs/CATS

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Faithful Care


Yesterday I watched a nice commercial for a company called Fidelis Care. I was struck by how calm, peaceful, and happy all the people in the ad appeared. I was moved to investigate the company name, knowing that fidelis, fidele is a Latin adjective meaning "faithful." I smiled when I discovered on the Fidelis Care website that it is the New York State Catholic Health plan. The logo also makes sense, as it shows a dove, a common symbol representing the Holy Spirit, superimposed on a human figure.

Fidelis may also be familiar because it is part of the motto of the United States Marine Corps (semper fidelis, always faithful), and it is in the title of a Christmas carol sometimes sung in Latin (Adeste Fideles, O Come All Ye Faithful).


No comments:

Post a Comment